BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Quincy Jones Wants His Magazine Back

As we've all learned yesterday, Vibe magazine was closed down this week due to the economical crisis. An idea from founder Quincy Jones to save the magazine and keep it alive online is indeed in process.

"I'm trying to buy my magazine back now. They just messed my magazine all up, but I’m gonna get it back," said Jones of Wicks Media Group, who purchased ownership rights in 2006.

Apparently, online magazines are more profitable than print, and we agree. I don't think alot of people go out and by magazine like that anymore when everything is posted online anymore. Good luck to Jones getting the magazine back on the road online and the right way, with the same workers. Budget cuts and terminations of staff has not been disclosed to the press yet.

0 comments: